Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Animal Cameos and Winged Walnut Pendant

 I have been ruminating for a long while on how to use the copious amounts of acorn "lids" I've collected. I finally came up with a few ideas. My partner in craft, Maddy Roslow, and I were talking about new projects and the idea of animal cameos came up. First were two owls and a fox. Next I think maybe I'll make a raccoon, turtle, beaver, or cat. The owl has a golden/ copper painted acorn lid. The fox has a natural clear finish. The winged walnut pendant is inspired by a mixture of Native American eagle wing stylization and Egyptian scarab. (Side note- November is Native American heritage month. Thanks for giving us Thanksgiving and sorry for stealing and ruining your land and culture.) The walnut wing pendant will be painted black. All pieces shown have yet to be painted.
 
 
 
Here are the painted pieces.

4 comments:

  1. These are Fabulous!! Now I have to get started on my cameos! Also, I love seeing all of the pieces of bark lined up in the previous post

    ReplyDelete