Monday, September 13, 2010

hello studio!

I recently moved into a shared studio space in the Hungerford building. This past weekend was awesome because of it. I made a lot of stuff. Today I made the Alliance Table in real life. It's no longer just a computer rendering! Here it is with some of my stuff behind it.  And Brady already using it as a laptop table. It went together really easily. It took maybe 2 hours to cut it all out and sand it (and I got to use my new jigsaw). 
Sunday night we had a mask making party for an Alice in Wonderland Masquerade Ball that will be held Friday, October 29th by Writers & Books. I started to make a walrus (from The Walrus and the Carpenter fame). He still needs some whiskers, tusks, neckfat rolls, eyelashes, and maybe a monocle? Anyway he is going to be a slammin walrus when he's done. 


Also here's some other random new stuff. I made this huge weird necklace out of parts of egg cartons (see the earlier egg-carton-waves post) but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I like the ruffly skeletal vertebrae effect of it, just not sure what to do with it. And a new pair of earrings I made.

2 comments: