Wednesday, September 1, 2010

use every part of the egg carton

So, I like eggs. A lot. And I like the new-ish turquoise pressed fiber egg cartons from Wegmans. I had this vision of a layered dimensional sea as a backdrop for some of my felties so I saved up cartons for a while (weeks? months? it's been a while).  Here's another version of squidopus on the sea that shows off the handcut waves a little better. The other version has this gritty feel that I liked too though. And squidopus has a great gleam in her eyes in the other version.

After making the sea, I had all these oblong curved scraps. I pressed them onto a piece of fabric tape and it made a cuff bracelet very nicely. Reuse, reuse, then reuse some more. Soon to come: an outrageously oversized necklace made from the waves in the back row of the squidopus photo.

1 comment:

  1. I love these! we should try to sell some as cheap postcards! I love that cuff too! so classy for scrap eggboard.

    ReplyDelete